MAGUIRE FOLLOWS LEADING THE LIST
Varane sneaks into the 'Top 10' of the most expensive centrals in history
Published:28/07/2021 - 07:38h
Updated:28/07/2021 - 07:38h
The sale of Raphael Varane to Manchester United has entered the 'Top 10' in the history of more expensive centrals. The Frenchman has cost the 'red devils' 50 million euros and is the ninth most expensive defender ever
The Real Madrid and the Manchester United announced this past Tuesday the traspaso of Raphael Varane to the picture 'network devil'. The French will play in the English group from this season in return of 50 million euros, a figure more than interesting taking into account that it finished agreement in 2022. The defence, therefore, leaves the team madridista after winning it everything with the intention to do the same in England.
The operation of the champion of the world with France has gone in in the history like one of the most expensive of the history of the football in his position. In these moments, the Frenchman is the eighth more expensive head office of always empatado with his already ex mate, Éder Militao, by which the Madrid paid also 50 'kilos' to the Port wine does a pair of seasons. Both are just by in front of David Luiz in the 'Top 10' of defenders more expensive of the history.
This list leads it from 2019 the English Harry Maguire, by which the United threw the house by the window paying 87 million euros. The ex of the Leicester has done with the control of the saga of the 'red devils' from his arrival, but his price has accompanied him each day. Now, by the way, the ones of Manchester will have already two footballers in this ránking with Varane and with the runner-up of Europe with England.
After the British is Matthijs of Ligt, by which the Juventus of Turín paid 85,5 'kilos' in 2019 to the Ajax. The Dutch went out to auction after his fantastic year like captain of the picture 'ajacied' in the Eredivisie and in the Champions League and the bianconeros were those that more money offered. The Barça did not want to pay so much by him neither neither offered him so much to the defence and to his agent, Mino Raiola, by what lost the bidding.
Virgil Go Dijk and Lucas Hernández follow this 'Top' with 84,65 and 80 millions, respectively. The Liverpool bet everything with the Dutch, that during these last seasons has been surely the best head office of the world until his grave injury. The French, by his part, still has not reached his potential maximum in the Bayern of Munich, that follows trusting that it was the next big leader of his defence.
The complete list of the 'Top 10' of head offices more expensive
- Harry Maguire, 87 million euros (of the Leicester City to the Manchester United in 2019)
- Matthijs Of Ligt, 85,5 million euros (of the Ajax to the Juventus in 2019)
- Virgil Go Dijk, 84,65 million euros (of the Southampton to the Liverpool in January of 2018)
- Lucas Hernández, 80 million euros (of the Athletic of Madrid to the Bayern Munich in 2019)
- Rúben Dias, 68 million euros (of the Benfica to the Manchester City in 2020)
- Aymeric Laporte, 65 million euros (of the Athletic Club to the Manchester City in January of 2018)
- John Stones, 55,6 million euros (of the Everton to the Manchester City in 2016)
- Éder Militao, 50 million euros (of the Carry to the Real Madrid in 2019)
- Raphael Varane, 50 million euros (of the Real Madrid to the Manchester United in 2021)
- David Luiz, 49,5 million euros (of Chelsea to the PSG in 2014)