THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RETURNS
All what you need to know of the final phase of the Champions: Schedules, dates...
Published:3/08/2020 - 16:07h
Updated:3/08/2020 - 16:07h
It has arrived the month of August and, with it, the more atypical final phase of the Champions League 2019-20. We remember you the dates, schedules and the most stood out of this edition
After several months of wait, the Champions League 2019-20 has returned. The UEFA scheduled to the detail the resumption of a competition that split in half because of the crisis of the coronavirus, but that has reprogramado so that the pending meetings of eighth contest in his original headquarters and, to continuation, play a final phase that will take place in Portugal during this month of August.
The denouement of the eliminatory of eighth of final will be the previous step that it has to give the tournament before displacing to Lisbon. These four eliminatory slopes will resolve between Manchester, Barcelona, Turín and Munich, where will play the parties of turn that remained in the air between February and March.
The City will confront to the Real Madrid in the Etihad Stadium after the 1-2 in Santiago Bernabéu; the Barça will cross with the Napoli in the Camp Nou after the 1-1 of Saint Paolo; the Juventus will receive to the Olympique of Lyon in the Juventus Stadium after falling by 1-0 in the Parc Olympique Lyonnais; and the Bayern will look for to sentence to Chelsea in the Allianz Sand after tieing up a 0-3 in Stamford Bridge.
When the number of applicants reduce to eight, will première the format renewed with a transfer to Lisbon. Between the Stadium gives Luz and José Alvalade will deliver the remaining rounds of League of Champions -fourth, semis and final-, that in this occasion will play to an only party and without the presence of public in the terracings. This last condition also extends to the previously mentioned commitments, of course by reasons of security because of the crisis of the coronavirus and his consistent burgeon in all the countries.
The definite picture will conform it those that classify in the first week of August and those that already arrived to chambers in March, Athletic of Madrid, PSG, Atalanta and Leipzig, that, curiously, will confront between them. This has caused that there is a way to the 'orejona' with three stairs and between applicants that never conquered the title, and another face to face of four stages between teams that accumulate until 26 trophies. Disequilibrium to the power.
If there are not relative novelties to the sanitary crisis, the Champions already has defined the dates and schedules of his final phase. The UEFA warned through a communiqué that reserved the right to make some adjust, and that would monitor the situation in case the pandemia went back to be again a threat. If elusive this bullet again -that seems that like this it will be-, the football will recover his place and in some weeks will know to the new owner of the European crown. It will be the team directed by Quique Setién?
The calendar of the final phase of the Champions
Turn of eighth of final
- Friday, 7 August 2020, 21:00 hours (peninsular schedule Spanish)
- Manchester City-Real Madrid (Etihad Stadium)
- Juventus-Olympique Of Lyon (Juventus Stadium)
- Saturday, 8 August 2020, 21:00 hours (peninsular schedule Spanish)
- FC Barcelona-Napoli (Camp Nou)
- Bayern Of Munich-Chelsea (Allianz Sand)
- Wednesday, 12 August 2020, 21:00 hours (peninsular schedule Spanish)
- (1) Atalanta-PSG (Stadium gives Luz)
- Thursday, 13 August 2020, 21:00 hours (peninsular schedule Spanish)
- (2) RB Leipzig-Athletic of Madrid (José Alvalade)
- Friday, 14 August 2020, 21:00 hours (peninsular schedule Spanish)
- (3) FC Barcelona or Napoli-Bayern of Munich or Chelsea (Stadium gives Luz)
- Saturday, 15 August 2020, 21:00 hours (peninsular schedule Spanish)
- (4) Manchester City or Real Madrid-Juventus or Olympique of Lyon (José Alvalade)
- Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 21:00 hours (peninsular schedule Spanish)
- (To) Winning of quarter-finals (2)-Winning of quarter-finals (1) (Stadium gives Luz)
- Wednesday, 19 August 2020, 21:00 hours (peninsular schedule Spanish)
- (B) Winning of quarter-finals (4)-Winning of quarter-finals (3) (José Alvalade)
- Sunday, 23 August 2020, 21:00 hours (peninsular schedule Spanish)
- Winner of the semifinal (B)-Winning of the semifinal (To) (Stadium gives Luz)