AFTER THE DRAW IN NYON
Like this they remain the groups of the UEFA Champions League 2020-21
Published:1/10/2020 - 18:30h
Updated:1/10/2020 - 18:31h
Once celebrated the draw of this Thursday in Nyon (Switzerland), already have remained defined the eight groups that compose the phase of groups of the UEFA Champions League 2020-21
After several eliminatory previous and to know to the last qualifiers, this Thursday 1 October carried out the draw of the phase of groups of the UEFA Champions League 2020-21, that finish to configure to the 32 teams participants in the eight groups of four clubs that compose the liguilla, previous to the eliminatory of eighth, chambers, semifinals and final.
The FC Barcelona has remained placed in the group G, an affordable group with the FC Dinamo of Kiev and the Ferencváros TC, in addition to the Juventus of Turín that will complete the group. The Barcelona are the favourites to obtain the first place, although they will have to measure to the 'Vecchia Signora' of Cristiano Ronaldo and Arthur Melo.
The Real Madrid, by his part, in the group B, will measure in front of the Shakhtar Donetsk, the Inter of Milan and the Borussia Mönchengladbach; whereas the Bayern Munich, in the group To, valid champion, will confront to the Athletic of Madrid, to the FC Salzburg and to the FC Lokomotiv Moscow.
Here you can speak of some group of the death, some curiosity of pairings, etc.
- Group To: Bayern Munich, Athletic of Madrid, FC Salzburg, FC Lokomotiv Moscow
- Group B: Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Inter of Milan, Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Group C: FC Carry, Manchester City, Olympiakos FC, Olympique of Marseilles
- Group D: Liverpool, AFC Ajax, Atalanta BC, FC Midtjylland
- Group And: Seville FC, Chelsea FC, FC Krasnodar, Stade Rennes FC
- Group F: FC Zenith, Borussia Dortmund, SS Lazio, Club Witches
- Group G: Juventus, FC Barcelona, FC Dinamo of Kiev, Ferencváros TC
- Group H: Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United, RB Leipzig, Istanbul Başakşehir FK
A lot of candidates, an alone champion
In addition to the champion, the Bayern Munich, and the runner-up, Paris Saint-Germain, there is a long list of candidates to raise the 'orejona', whose definite meeting will contest on 29 May 2020 in the Olympic Stadium Atatürk of Istanbul. FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletic of Madrid, Manchester City, Liverpool or Juventus, are some of the favourite maxima.
The team of Ronald Koeman, after three years followed seeing like the Rome, the Liverpool and the Bayern Munich has humiliated them in Europe, will treat to change the dynamics to plant in terrain otomano to finals of the next month of May. Players like Antoine Griezmann or Frenkie of Jong will have to step forward in his second campaign, in addition to the new faces that already form part of the first team like Ansu Fati, Trincao, Pedri or Pjanic.
The dates of the Champions League
Phase of groups
- 20 and 21 October: day 1
- 27 and 28 October: day 2
- 3 and 4 November: day 3
- 24 and 25 November: day 4
- 1 and 2 December: day 5
- 8 and 9 December: day 6
Phase of eliminatory
- 16 February and 17 March: eighth of final
- 6 and 14 April: quarter-finals
- 27 April and 5 May: semifinals
- 29 May: final (Istanbul)