Barça answers after the postponement of the Clásico and asks to play it on December 18th
Published:18/10/2019 - 14:12h
Updated:18/10/2019 - 14:12h
Barça has pronounced officially after the postponement of the Clásico, and has manifested that its will was to play the game in the planned date. After the decision of the Competition Committee, the club proposes to play it on December 18th
FC Barcelona and Real Madrid have to decide when will reposition the Classical in the calendar after the decision of the Committee of Competition to postpone it. The delicate social situation and political that in the last days has shaken Catalonia caused the intervention of the Real Spanish Federation of Football, that denied to his dispute on 26 October -as it was foreseen-, and has opened the door to celebrate it in the month of December.
After the meeting of the federative representatives with the leaders of both clubs and LaLiga this Thursday, this Friday the Barcelona group has issued an official communiqué. In him, the Catalans express his will to have it played in the planned date and propose on 18 December like new day for carry out, explaining also that they denied to his transfer to Santiago Bernabéu.
The text specifies that in the allegations that both entities had to make before this urgent meeting manifested the refusal to displace it to the capital, as well as the wish to play with total normality in the Camp Nou the mentioned 26 October. This finally no sucederá, since the authorities did reference to the "exceptional circumstances" that surround the duel to look for a moment in which the security of the fans remain totally guaranteeed.
This appearance also has had answer by part of the culés, that have defended to his followers and the behaviour that these have in this type of events. "The Club has an absolute confidence in the civic and peaceful attitude of his social mass, that always expresses in the Camp Nou of exemplary way", has stood out in one of the points of the writing, before apologising by the annoyances ocasionadas and announce the date that will suggest in the conversations with the 'merengues'.
The Barça will have to expect now to the decision of the Real Madrid, since LaLiga denied his request because of the Glass of Rey. On 18 December they are foreseen some eliminatory in the tournament of the 'KO', what it would be necessary to reorganise the calendar if both clubs arrived to an agreement. The days 4 and 7 December keep like alternative until the Monday, the limit posed to present the new proposition.
The whole communiqué of the Barça with regard to the Classical
"In front of the postponement of the party against the Real Madrid, decreed by the Committee of Competition of the Real Spanish Federation of Football (RFEF), the FC self-evident Barcelona that:
- Yesterday Thursday the Club moved to the Committee of Competition of the RFEF his refusal to play the party in the Stadium Santiago Bernabéu, such as it had proposed the League of Professional Football.
- The wish of the Club would have been to play the Classical in the Camp Nou the day 26, such as it was foreseen, and like this communicated in the writing of allegations presented to the Committee.
- The Club has an absolute confidence in the civic and peaceful attitude of his social mass, that always expresses in the Camp Nou of exemplary way.
- Received the resolution of the Committee of Competition of the RFEF to postpone definitively the party alleging "exceptional circumstances", and since it establishes that the clubs agree a new date for the celebration of the party before the Monday, the Club will propose the date of 18 December.
- The Club regrets the annoyances that this postponement can ocasionar to partners, peñistas and fans and informs that it already has activated the necessary procedures to give back the money of the entrances purchased, from the Monday".