MESSI, GREAT FAVORITE
Four 'culés' among the 30 nominees for the Golden Ball
Published:21/10/2019 - 22:47h
Updated:21/10/2019 - 23:39h
France Football has announced on Monday the 30 nominees for the Golden Ball that will be delivered in December. There are up to four Barça players among the finalists, Messi, De Jong, Griezmann and Ter Stegen. The '10' is the big favorite with Cristiano and Van Dijk
This Monday, the magazine France Football has given to know to the 30 applicants to win the Balloon of Gold 2019. Between all the finalists there is a total of four barcelonistas, with Leo Messi in command. The Argentinian is the big favourite to win the prize, after having attained the The Best does some weeks. Virgil Go Dijk and Cristiano Ronaldo seems that they will be his two big rivals in the gala that will be on 2 December.
In addition to the '10', Frenkie of Jong, Antoine Griezmann and Marc-André ter Stegen also opt to the award. The Dutch has all the ballots to remain in a high place between the 30 finalists by his performance and for belonging to the instrument disclosure of the past campaign. The international 'orange' was one of the best of an Ajax that almost makes history in Champions and that carried the doublet in Holland.
In the case of Griezmann, his season with the Athletic was less showy, but still like this was the best of the rojiblancos. The Frenchman finish with 21 goals and 10 assistances in 48 meetings, but did not win at all and fracasó in Europe. Ter Stegen, instead, went one of the best goalkeepers of the season and was key so that the culés won the League and arrived to 'semis' in Champions.
Between the rest of candidates, fits to signal that there is so alone two players of the Real Madrid. Karim Benzema and Eden Hazard will opt to the prize in December. The French was the only veteran of the madridistas that saved of the aquema the past course and finish with 30 goals and 11 assistances in 53 parties. The Belgian, by his part, won the Europe League with partidazo in the final against the Arsenal, and completed a fantastic campaign in the Premier.
Of LaLiga there is, besides, other two candidates more: Jan Oblak and Joao Félix. The esloveno was the 'Zamora' of the competition and went back to mark the difference in put it athletic. It surprises much more the presence of the perla Portuguese, since, although it shined in the Benfica, does not seem to have done so many merits as to be in a list of the 30 better of the season.
The Premier and the Liverpool command
The Premier League in general and the Liverpool in particular are those who more players present in the list. Salah, Go Dijk, Alisson, Mané, Wijnaldum, Firmino and Arnold will opt to the prize by part of the picture 'network', being the central Dutch one of the favourites. Of the City are Sterling, the Kun Agüero, Bernardo Silva, Of Bruyne and Mahrez. Also they are Aubameyang of the Arsenal, and Lloris and Are of the Tottenham-
Finally, as it could not be of another way, Cristiano Ronaldo also will aspire to the Balloon of Gold. The luso expects to win his sixth trophy, although Messi seems to have more options that he. Of the Juventus also aspires to the award Matthijs of Ligt after his temporadón in the Ajax in Champions and in the Eredivisie.
The 30 nominated to the Balloon of Gold:
- Leo Messi (Barça, Argentina)
- Marc-André ter Stegen (Barça, Germany)
- Antoine Griezmann (Barça, France)
- Frenkie Of Jong (Barça, Holland)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid, France)
- Eden Hazard (Real Madrid, Belgium)
- JoãOr Félix (Athletic/Portugal)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool, Egypt)
- Virgil Go Dijk (Liverpool, Holland)
- Alisson Becker (Liverpool, Brazil)
- Sadio Mané (Liverpool, Senegal)
- Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool, Holland)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool, England)
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool, Brazil)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City, England)
- Sergio 'Kun' Agüero (Manchester City, Argentina)
- Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City, Algeria)
- Kevin Of Bruyne (Manchester City, Belgium)
- Bernardo Silva (Manchester City, Portugal)
- Heung-min Are (Tottenham, Korea)
- Hugo Lloris (Tottenham, France)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus, Portugal)
- Matthijs Of Ligt (Juventus, Holland)
- Donny Go of Beek (Ajax, Holland)
- Dusan Tadic (Ajax, Serbia)
- Marquinhos (PSG, Brazil)
- Kylian Mbappé (PSG, France)
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Naples, Senegal)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich, Poland)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal, Gabon)