LIVE: Follow the FIFA The Best 2021 awards gala
Published:17/01/2022 - 18:49h
Updated:17/01/2022 - 18:54h
Follow live, from Zurich, the FIFA The Best gala, the international football awards party that rewards the best soccer players of the last year
This Monday the sixth edition of The Best FIFA awards ceremony takes place, since its birth in 2016, when FIFA decided to separate from France Football and the Ballon d'Or to present its own awards. The award ceremony will begin at 7:00 p.m. (in Spain), in a different edition from the others due to the current pandemic.
The three male candidates who opt for FIFA The Best 2021 are the Argentine Leo Messi (Paris Saint-Germain and former FC Barcelona), the Polish Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) and the Egyptian Mohamed Salah (Liverpool). On this occasion, there is no clear favourite, but everything points to 'LaPulga' winning the trophy again. In the women's category, Barça has two great representatives: Alexia Putellas and Jenni Hermoso, who will face the Chelsea player, Sam Kerr.
In addition to these two recognitions, the awards for the Best FIFA Men's Football Coach, the Best FIFA Women's Football Coach, the Best FIFA Goalkeeper, the Best FIFA Goalkeeper, the Puskás for the Best Goal, the Best FIFA Fan Award and the FIFA Fair Play Award.
As happens every season, 'FCBN' will offer you the full coverage of the event live. In addition, FIFA, the organizer of the ceremony, once again throws itself into its gala and will make everything that happens during the act available to all fans, on its YouTube channel.
Remember that through 'FCBN' you can follow all the details of the FIFA The Best gala, in addition to all the news regarding FC Barcelona and its competitions. Players, events, matches or international football appear on a page where you can keep up to date with everything. In addition, among other very useful sections, you can find the season calendar.
The Best FIFA Women's Player Award
- Alexia Putellas (FC Barcelona / Spain)
- Jenni Beautiful (FC Barcelona / Spain)
- Sam Kerr (Chelsea / Australia)
The Best FIFA Player Award
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich / Poland)
- Leo Messi (PSG / FC Barcelona / Argentina)
- Salah (Liverpool / Egypt)
The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award
- Ann-Katrin Berger (Chelsea / Germany)
- Christiane Endler (PSG / Olympique Lyon / Chile)
- Stephanie Lynn Marie Labbé (Rosengard / PSG / Canada)
The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (PSG / AC Milan / Italy)
- Édouard Mendy (Chelsea / Senegal)
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich / Germany)
The Best FIFA Women's Football Coach Award
- Lluis Cortés (FC Barcelona / Spain)
- Emma Hayes (Chelsea / England)
- Sarina Wiegman (Selection England / Selection Low Countries / Low Countries)
The Best FIFA Men's Football Coach Award
- Pep Guardiola (Manchester City / Spain)
- Roberto Mancini (Selection Italy / Italy)
- Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea / PSG / Germany)
FIFA Puskás Award
- Erik Lamela (Argentina): Rabona goal in a Tottenham match against Arsenal - March 14, 2021.
- Patrick Shick (Czech Republic): Goal from midfield in the European Championship, against Scotland - July 14, 2021.
- Mehdi Taremi (Iran): Chilean goal for Porto against Chelsea in the Champions League - April 13, 2021.
FIFA FIFPRO nominees
- Goalkeepers: Alisson, Donnarumma and Edouard Mendy
- Defenders: Alaba, Alexander-Arnold, Jordi Alba, Bonucci, Dani Alves and Rúben Dias
- Midfielders: Busquets, Bruno Fernandes, De Bruyne, Frenkie de Jong, Jorginho and Kante
- Forwards: Benzema, Haaland , Lewandowski, Lukaku, Mbappé, Messi, Neymar and Cristiano.