RETURN TO THE ACTIVITY
The new calendar of return to the work for the teams of LaLiga
Published:30/04/2020 - 13:30h
Updated:30/04/2020 - 16:58h
The players of the FC Barcelona and of the rest of clubs of LaLiga Santander 2019-20 already prepare for the return to the trainings. We detail how it will manage the process
The teams of the First Spanish Division and his respective staff prepare to return to the activity along this month of May, after the Government have detailed how will be the four phases of the desescalada in the country. The players could not be subjected to the test of coronavirus does some days, so the return to the work will follow a concrete process to prevent that it give some type of contagion in the Spanish football.
As it has advanced the journalist Jordi Martí, of the Chain BE, the turn to the activity will follow the following guidelines, in shape of calendar:
- 4 and 5 May: it will make the inspection of the installations in which the teams will make his first trainings, although they are of individual form to avoid in the measure of the possible the contact between players.
- 6 and 7 May: will carry out the realisation of the tests of the coronavirus between all the personnel that will participate in the turn to the work of the staff, included the players and members of the 'staff' technical.
- 8 and 9 May: it will be between these days when they know the results of the tests made, that need a period of 48 hours. From here, it will know if it has given some positive and will adopt the necessary measures to avoid contagions between players and technical body.
- 8-11 May: Beginning of the trainings to individual level.
- 18 May: Beginning of the trainings grupales, although will carry out in groups reduced, still without all the staff to the complete.
From here, there are not concrete dates for the start of the trainings with the whole of the staff neither neither for the resumption of the official competitions. In this sense, to measure that happen the days will go detailing the steps to be followed. Theoretically the teams would have to train around three weeks to be smart to go back to compete.
LaLiga, between June and July
Therefore, it foresees that LaLiga Santander 2019-20, if it is that finally it restarts , do it between mediated and finals of the month of June, something that would allow to finish the 11 remaining days along the period between June and July, leaving August for the resumption of the Champions League and the UEFA Europe League. On the paper, at least for the moment, the new campaign 2020-21 would initiate to finals of September or principles of October.
Still there are not official dates, in any case, and fault that arrive to agreements between the Government, the patronal of clubs and the own players, represented by the AFE. The community of footballers wants to have all the guarantees of security to return to the work, and also reigns the worry on a possible increase of the number of injuries when going back to compete of way so radical.