'CR7' TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE WEAKS
Messi scores against the big national teams, not like Cristiano Ronaldo
Published:19/11/2019 - 10:50h
Updated:19/11/2019 - 12:25h
It exists a big difference between the goals of Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo with his respective national teams. The '10' scores the majority of his goals against the national teams of the 'Top-50'
Although they are many the interested in generating debate between Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the reality is that little it is necessary to say when they compare the arguments of one and another footballer to be valued like the best of the world. The Argentinian no only keeps better numbers that the Portuguese to level of clubs, but regarding the goals with his selection exists a qualitative difference regarding the luso.
'CR7' has transformed already 99 goals with Portugal, 29 targets more than the 70 of Leo Messi with Argentina. The difference, nevertheless, is that 82% of the goals of 'The Flea' have been marked against selections of the 'Top-50' of the best of the planet. Against these same selections of the 'Top-50', the Portuguese so only has annotated 29% of his targets.
According to the data collected by Mark and ACE, therefore, Cristiano Ronaldo is used to to take advantage of the parties against the feeblest selections to nourish to level goleador and improve his statistical goleadoras, but is not so determinant when it touches him play against rivals stronger.
It suffices with analysing the list of goals that has annotated each player with Argentina and Portugal, respectively, to darse that Leo Messi is more lethal that Cristiano Ronaldo in front of the difficult opponents. The combined national to the that more so many has annotated Messi is Brazil (5 goals), whereas the victim preferred of Christian with the selection lusa is Lithuania (7 goals). It is only a small example of the following:
Leo Messi - 70 goals with Argentina
- 5 goals - Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay
- 4 goals - Venezuela, Ecuador
- 3 goals - Colombia, Chile, Switzerland, Bolivia, Nigeria, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Guatemala
- 2 goals - Spain, Croatia, Algeria, Hong Kong, Nicaragua
- 1 goal - France, Germany, Portugal, Peru, Iran, United States, Slovenia, Albania, Bosnia, Serbia
Cristiano Ronaldo - 99 goals with Portugal
- 7 goals - Lithuania
- 5 goals - Andorra, Armenia, Latvia, Luxembourg, Sweden
- 4 goals - Estonia, Islands Feroe, Hungary, Holland
- 3 goals - Belgium, Denmark, Northern Ireland, Russia, Spain, Switzerland
- 2 goals - Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Cameroon, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia
- 1 goal - Argentina, Croatia, Ecuador, Finland, Ghana, Greece, Iceland, Iran, Morocco, New Zealand, North Korea, Panama, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine and Wales
It deduces , of this form, that the 99 goals of Cristiano Ronaldo with Portugal perhaps have less merit that the 70 of Leo Messi with Argentina. This yes, the luso has had the luck to conquer a Eurocopa -the one of 2016, in which it was not protagonist- and an UEFA Nations League. The player of the Barcelona, instead, has remained to the doors of the titles when losing two finals of Glass America and a final of a World-wide.
To his 32 years, however, the rosarino has still the will to achieve something with the albiceleste, and aspires to play the World-wide of Qatar 2022. It will be, with all probability, his last international appointment with the selection. And it does not want to desaprovecharla...