Eric García en el FC Barcelona

ERIC WILL PLAY ON LOAN AT GIRONA

OFFICIAL: Eric García meets his goal and leaves for Girona!

Published:1/09/2023 - 23:36h

Updated:1/09/2023 - 23:36h

FC Barcelona has completed the loan of Eric García to Girona for the 2023/2024 season. He will be obliged to return to the Barcelona team next year, since there is no purchase option

Calendar of FC Barcelona

The FC Barcelona and the Girona have arrived to an agreement for the cession of Eric García by the season 2023/2024, without an option of purchase. The player there was presionado to leave the group blaugrana in front of the fault of leadership that was having under the orders of Xavi Hernández and, after several conversations with Míchel, has remained convinced that the best for his career is to play in Montilivi during this course.

Eric, that arrived in the summer of 2021 pertinent of the Manchester City like free agent, has not finished to fit in the Barça. Although always it has stood out in his exit of balloon, in the defensive appearance has left, in a lot of occasions, more doubts that certainties. In the past season, after the arrival of Jules Koundé and Andreas Christensen was a 'fixed' in the bench and did not want to repeat the history in this.

Agreement Girona-Barça by Eric García

The contacts between Eric García and the representatives of the Girona began does some weeks. Míchel, a 'hunts talents' expert, thinks that can be very functional to cover the drop of Oriol Romeu (that it left to the Barça) in the pivote and tambén to reinforce the axis of the defence. Already it knows what is to play of '5' and at all times attracted him the idea to change of airs and add to a project in which it could be leading or, at least, important.

The problem in these weeks was that the Barça resisted to leave him go out, conscious that never there is sufientes central. Xavi Hernández, in fact, transmitted him in a pair of occasions that wanted that it remained a year more and that would go in more in rotation, but for Eric has not been sufficient. It asked to go out and, after a lot of conversations, finished accessing to that it did his cases.

Eric García will return to the Barça

As we mentioned before, the agreement for the cession of García is only by a season. The Barça wants to ensure that it return and thus they have denied to include an option of purchase. On the other hand, the gerundenses will assume 80% of the wage of the central by the season and the rest (20%) will keep on being paid by the entity blalugrana.

Next match of FC Barcelona

Champions League | Ida
Nápoles
FC Barcelona

Nápoles - FC Barcelona

Wednesday, 21 of February of 2024 21:00h
Estadio Diego Armando Maradona
Buy tickets
Calendar FC Barcelona
Today highlights

Most read