THE CUTBACKS, OFFICIAL
Barça announces its economic measures due to the coronavirus crisis
Published:26/03/2020 - 23:56h
Updated:27/03/2020 - 07:52h
The coronavirus crisis has forced Barça to react, and this Thursday it announced the economic measures it will activate. The catalans will apply cutbacks to both their athletes and club employees
The FC Barcelona follows working for sortear the crisis of the coronavirus, and this Thursday has announced important news. The Managerial Board gathered of telematic form during the afternoon to study the impact that the stop is having in the club, and after analysing the circumstances in which it finds and value the conversations that has been supported by his professional groups decided to share his plan of performance.
The Catalans have confirmed that there will be cuts salariales not to put in risk the feasibility of the entity, although they have not specified the figures that will define this drastic strategy. Several means inform that it posed a reduction of 70% of the wages while it last the confinement decreed by the sanitary authorities -from 13 March-, a discount that will withdraw in what it restart the activity.
The Barcelona justify that this solution has to "to the new, and transitory, circumstances that are living" and that will affect to all his workers, so much the related with the sportive field like the rest of the personnel. The diverse files will transact próximamente to the Department of Work of the Government of Catalonia, after informing to the employees of the relative appearances to the measures and to his scope.
The cúpula concrete that there will be dismissals and that in principle will bet by a reduction of the working time and, like consequence, of the planned rewards in the respective agreements. Besides, it details that it will implement them "following escrupulosamente the labour formal norms, under the criteria of proporcionalidad, and especially equity, and with the only aim to restart the activity of the Club as soon as possible".
Further of the economic section, the Barça has made public some actions with which will collaborate in the fight against the pandemia, to level of management, sensitisation and support and with the object to help to the authorities and the population. His installations put to disposal of the Department of Salut of the Generalitat and diverse hospitals, and in the next days will initiate campaigns and acts solidarios for the fans.
The communiqué of the Barça on the measures against the crisis
"The Managerial Board, gathered this Thursday 26 March telemáticamente, has treated on the measures to apply to minimise the economic impact that the crisis of the coronavirus is causing in the activity of the FC Barcelona, as well as the actions that are carrying out from the Club and from the Foundation to collaborate with the authorities with the aim to avoid to the maximum the contagion of the illness.
The statement of the state of the alarm on 14 March past, like consequence of the sanitary emergency that are living as a result of the pandemia of the coronavirus, supposed the cessation of all the activity, sportive and no sportive, of our club. In front of this stage, the Managerial Board has decided to implement a series of measures for paliar his effects and reduce the economic affectations of this crisis.
From among the measures adopted, fits to stand out the relative to the labour field, motivated by the need to implement measures of adaptation of the contractual obligations of the personnel of the Club to the new, and transitory, circumstances that are living. It treats of the presentation of the different relative files in the ambito sportive (football and other professional sports), as well as in the rest of the no sportive personnel.
These files will transact in front of of the Department of Work of the Government of Catalonia, once the Club have shared with all his personnel, sportive and no sportive, all the relative appearances to these measures, and his scope. Basically it treats of a reduction of the working time, imposed by the circumstances and the measures of protection carried out, and, like consequence, the proportional reduction of the planned rewards in the respective agreements, measured that the Club wants to implement following escrupulosamente the labour formal norms, under the criteria of proporcionalidad, and especially equity, and with the only aim to restart the activity of the Club as soon as possible.
The Barça plays against the coronavirus
In parallel to the adoption of these measures, the Managerial Board, jointly with the Board of Trustees of the Foundation Barça, has set up a series of actions to collaborate in the fight against this pandemia, some in course and others in process:
- The installations of the Club, so much the sportive as you attach them, have been put to disposal of the Department of Health of the Government of Catalonia.
- Launching of the program 'T'Acompanyem home', to contact proactivamente with all the greater partners of 80 years, to inform them and assist them, and do a follow-up during this crisis. This program is the adaptation of the program 'T'Acompanyem', that, in collaboration with the Red Cross, gives in the Estadi the days of party to all those people with problems of mobility.
- It has put to the service of the authorities the World-wide Confederation of Crags, the federations of crags, and the same crags to take advantage of his presence in the territory to help to the entities to local level, so much to level of personal help, as of put to disposal of resources and installations.
- Collaboration of the World-wide Confederation of Crags with the Bank of the Foods.
- Initiate a campaign of sensitisation and awareness, reinforcing the message of "#quedatencasa", in collaboration with the Hospital of Sant Joan of Déu, that will spread through Barça TV, of the social networks and the channels of communication of the Club, that will have like protagonists to the boys and girls that, because of his illness, does time that are ingresados in the centre. Of the hand of prescriptores and prescriptores of diverse fields, will explain his experience and will invite to all to remain home.
- The Barça Innovation Hub puts to disposal of the centres of investigation like the Hospital Clínic, the Hospital Trias i Pujol i Barcelona Supercomputing Center, among others, to offer his collaboration and coordination in the actions of investigation related with the impact of the coronavirus in the practice of the sport.
Finally, the Board wants to reiterate all his support to all those that are suffering this contagion and his consequences, and transmit an explicit gratitude to the workers and hard-working that guarantee the supply of all the basic services and, especially, to all the sanitary professionals of the network asistencial that, putting in risk his health, work untiringly to protect the one of the group of the citizenship".