4 BRAZILIANS And TER STEGEN
The 5 players of the Barça that have won the Confederations
Published:3/07/2017 - 20:30h
Updated:3/07/2017 - 20:39h
Only five players have won the Glass Confederations like footballers of the FC Barcelona: Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Dani Alves, Neymar and this Sunday Ter Stegen. A very complicated competition and that a lot of selections do not value in excess
The Glass Confederations is a little valued championship by the fans. Because it is like an intermediate point between the continental tournaments and the World-wide. As if it was in no man's land. But win it allows you expand the list of winners... And go in in a reduced and selecto club.
As they already know they participate the six teams champions of the continental confederations in addition to the valid champion of the world and a selection of the host country for a total of eight selections. This Sunday was Germany the champion, attaining the title for the first time in his history.
Brazil is the big dominadora with 4 championships by 2 of France and 1 of Germany, Denmark, Mexico and Argentina. This leaves very clear that is not simple to conquer this tournament. Spain played it in 2013 and was subcampeón, being arrollada by the 'canarinha' of Neymar by 3-0. The culé would be appointed, precisely, Balloon of Gold of the Confederations.
The 5 Barcelona players that have won it
- 1) Rivaldo: it Was in the year 1997, Brazil won by aplastamiento to Australia (6-0) in a brilliant tournament with Romario and Ronaldo like estiletes, although the left-handed Barcelona was key piece. In 1999 it would be Balloon of Gold (as it shows the photography that accompanies the article).
- 2) Ronaldinho: As valid champions of the world, Brazil won in the final to Argentina 4-1 in 2005. Ronnie marked three goals during the championship, although the best was Adriano. In 2006 it would arrive the unforgettable Champions of Paris.
- 3) Dani Alves: it Is of the few players that has two Confederations (2009 and 2013). The side is of the best sides of the history of Brazil beside Cafú. It formed part of the Eleven Ideal in 2013.
- 4) Neymar: Year 2013, days after signing by the Barça... It shined with Brazil. 4 goals and Balloon of Gold. In the final, Spain went out escaldada (3-0). It was the principle of the end of the era Of the Forest.
- 5) Ter Stegen: This same Sunday, being appointed besides the MVP of the final thanks to a pair of interventions that were fundamental so that Chile did not force the extention.